Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Resurrect Router for the lulz

Heheh, since it's like I've been dead around here. Hi.. Router here. Life has been unkind to me the last few months whenever I'm attempting my animation project(starting 'graduation' that is). It ended up with me getting the thought that god doesn't want me to become an animator after all.. Lol. Well just a thought, though really on the other hand I'm reconsidering my illustration capabilities. A talk with a close friend who's awesome with his guitar but went for audio engineering(AE) somewhere back then triggered this. 

He said after indulging in AE he realized that anyone trained in it can eventually do this just as well as anyone well-trained can, with it being mostly technical based. Unlike playing guitars, where gifted people tend to have the upper hand than those who are merely trained but without being gifted. Because that's what art is like.  

It's the same as in my case. You see, animating is mostly technical-based(unless you're the key animator that is) since most of the process involve knowing where and when to commit illusion of movement of a predetermined design of an object.. Can't comprehend? Well, very technical then it is. 

Not to belittle it, you see unlike illustration, animations are mostly done with image quality that's usually considered mediocre in the illustration business. But, just so that it can be made possible for animation(or repeated imagery to induce illusion of movement). It may be though to pick up at first, but anyone without skill when properly trained in this area can do it. This is why you see some animators regardless of 2D/3D expertise, while can excellently animate, can't really draw/illustrate.

Now, I'm feeling like it'd be a waste of gift. I can certainly illustrate better than what I could with the animated models that I created. Animating someone else's designs? I'm not so much into that. Maybe I'd rather become an illustrator rather than an animator after all. Either way, well, at least that means more job opportunity for me.

Well let's cut the talk. Here are 3 line arts that I unconditionally, unwillingly did throughout trying to work with that animated project which in the end, only lasted 3 scenes out of 30.. Maybe I'd post that later here too. Though all these failures aside, I am working on an illustration that only seem to get better regardless of me having abandoned illustration for almost over a year.  Will post that one on the next post.  


Imagi: Router-Jax
Title : Last Bronx - Yoko Kono
Media : 2B Mecha Pencil.

Background : Last Bronx? http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/last-bronx-intro-movie-saturn/243779#comment_head_text Yeah, that though being mediocre, is a really underrated game based on the Sega Saturn. Despite being forgotten, it's important not only in the Saturn, but in the whole gaming industry. Why, it's one of the first 3D fighting games to implement motion capture. The other being Soul Edge. Also, I also think it's given an unfair treatment given that it's one the few games which premise is actually interesting, plus you get quality opening AMV and animated endings for every characters you finish with. And the character designs are all so cool just as they are lovable and unforgettable. I like them all, but here you see Last Bronx's Yoko getting appreciation here.. Only her though.

The rest of it, I lost interest of soon after.


Imagi: Router-Jax
Title : Sky Strider
Media : 2B Traditional Pencil, Unipin pens.

Background : This, has got to be the coolest thing that I ever dropped. It's based on the idea of parkour/free-running gone competitive. Since PK/FR doesn't compete, another faction is born known as the Sky Striders. They get on tv, they start to dress  up, some sky strider play dirty on others, etc. etc... That's the stuff.


Imagi: Router-Jax
Title : Temple Guardian
Media : 2B Mecha Pencil, Unipin pens.

Background : This was when I lost motivation. With mmorpg themes in mind, I decided to draw something detailed like I used to.. Which I got bored of eventually.

There's no point of drawing something so detailed if you can't replicate it later. Unless if you consider it a certain kind of fine art piece, but that's a poor excuse.

As you can see, I lost focus at a certain point of this where a certain texture doesn't align correctly on its specific plane.

Not that it looks bad overall, but I just don't like it for the reason explained on paragraph 2.

That's all for now. And to my fellow kinsmen, I haven't turned on the group yet, heheheh....

No comments:

Post a Comment